What can I do?
There are "blocker, stopper, killer" programs you can install on your computer that will monitor web sites for links creating pop up
windows, or the action of a pop up window occurring, and it will stop it from happening. Many of these programs cost money to
use but our support staff has been using one called "Pop-Up Stopper" that is free and have been satisfied with the results.
Requirements for "Pop-Up Stopper":
- A Windows based operating system: 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 or XP
- Internet Explorer version 5.01 or greater. or Netscape Communicator 4.x or greater.
Information regarding "Pop-Up Stopper":
- Simple to install and easy to use. Install it and the ads stop.
- Runs in the background as a separate program. It does not modify Internet Explorer or Netscape in any way.
- An icon is displayed in the taskbar to illustrate it is running.
Click Here to Download PopUpStopper.exe
1. Due to the nature of pop up window designing, it is possible that "Pop-Up Stopper" may block
links from opening from a website or email you want to get in to. To bypass this just hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard
while clicking on the link. We find that needing to do this is rare. "Pop-Up Stopper" refers to this during the installation.
2. Towards the end of the installation it refers to you inputting your email address for updates, this is not necessary and
you can leave this area blank and click Finish.
If you do not have a version of Internet Explorer or Netscape new enough to support this pop up blocker you can upgrade your
browser or try to locate a blocker program online that will support your version.
This is not the only pop up blocking program available but it is one we have seen good luck with and it's FREE. If you use a
MAC or want information regarding other blocker programs, try searching for "pop up killer", "pop up stopper" or "pop up
blocker" at your favorite search web site.