In conjunction with offering the Nationwide dial-up access, YHTI has implemented a new log-in and email procedure that you
will need to use to have full access to the new access numbers.
1. In the Username field of your connection window, you will need to input "firstname.lastname@example.org" instead of just your username.
2. In your Email program, you will need to "Allow Authentication" for sending email.
Allow Authentication Email Directions
1. Open Outlook Express.
2. Go to "Tools" then "Accounts".
3. Click on the "Mail" tab and then click on the "Properties" button.
4. Click on the "Servers" tab and checkmark "My server requires authentication" and click OK. If you have more than one email account in Outlook Express, you will need to make this change for each one.
Microsoft Outlook 2002/XP
1. Open Microsoft Outlook.
2. Go to "Tools" then "Email Accounts".
3. Click on the "View or Change Existing Account" and click on Next.
4. Click on the "Properties" button.
5. Click on the "More Settings" button.
6. Click on the "Outgoing Server" tab and checkmark the "My Outgoing Server requires Authentication" option and click OK. If you have more than one email account, you will need to make this change for each one.
1. Open Netscape Mail.
2. Go to "Edit" then "Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings".
3. Click on the "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" Category from the left list.
4. Checkmark the "User name and Password" option.
5. Enter your username in the "User Name" field below and click OK.